We wanted to do an exercise where we took a set budget for a year and do a shopping spree of the cigars that were released in 2016. To come up with the budget number, we created a poll and posted it on our site and various cigar forums that we are members of. We then took an average of all of the responses. The result was a budget of $2,331.
For those that are interested in additional numbers, there were a total of 141 budget submissions. They ranged from $250 to $18,000. The median budget was $1,500.
- See what our actual purchasing would look like based on an average smokers budget with a realistic smoking frequency.
- Give readers/viewers a resource to reference if they are looking for buying ideas based on last years full cigar release list.
- Only cigars that were released in the calendar year of 2016 are eligible.
- For cost, we use MSRP in U.S. Dollars.
- No Cuban cigars.
- Get as close as possible (slightly below/over) to the budget number.
- Number of cigars needs to fit at least a years worth of smoking (use 100 as a minimum), more if the budget can support it.
- Cigar has to be one we’ve reviewed on the site.